The placenta is a completely natural substance, created by a woman for and of her own body. Preparation and consumption of a woman's own placenta in the time after birth can be a valuable tool for postpartum recovery.
Placenta preparation has been shown to:
• increase production of breast milk
• prevent 'baby blues' and post natal depression
• increase energy, decrease fatigue
• improved recovery time with a variety of postpartum issues
• prevent iron deficiency
• prevent sleep dysfunction
Prior to delivery, we will arrange a plan to receive your placenta. We are able to travel to surrounding hospitals, or a family member can drop it off to us at our office or prearranged location. It will take approximately 2-3 days to process. Once this is done we will either hand deliver or priority mail it to you.The total cost is $225.00.